How Do I Measure For My Sliding Wardrobe?
Measuring for your new wardrobe is simple, requires only a tape measure and takes just a few minutes. It is really important that these steps are followed closely to ensure the accuracy of your measurements.
1. First, you need to decide on where your wardrobe will go. Your wardrobe can either be placed between two walls, against just 1 left hand wall, against just 1 right hand wall or in the middle of a room against no side walls. On any side where there is no wall, we will supply you with an end panel as part of your order.
2. Now you should check that that you have a clear depth of at least 55.5cm from the back wall to the front of where the wardrobe will be positioned, making sure there are no radiators, windows, fireplaces or doors in the wardrobe space.
3. When measuring the wardrobe opening, please ignore any skirting boards, dado rails, picture rails or coving and simply measure from wall to wall and ceiling to floor.
4. You should now consider what floor finish you have and whether the bottom track and casing will be fixed directly to the floor finish or whether the floor finish will be removed. If you plan to remove the floor finish prior to fitting the bottom track, please allow for this when you take your opening height measurements.
5. Next, measure the width of the opening in a minimum of 3 places, the bottom near the floor, the middle and the top near the ceiling. Make a note of the largest width of the measurements taken
6. You can now measure the height of the opening in a minimum of 3 places from the ceiling to the floor finish the bottom track and casing will be fitted to. You should measure the left hand side, the middle and the right hand side of the opening and make a note of the smallest height of the measurements taken.
If your floor is not very level, please contact us before ordering so we can offer additional assistance on how to measure from what would be a levelled bottom casing.
If you require any assistance when measuring for you new sliding wardrobe, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we’re always happy to help!
My Sliding Wardrobe
My Sliding Wardrobe are a leading specialist in bespoke, handmade custom sliding doors and wardrobes. Our wardrobes are created to the highest standard with style, quality and affordability in mind. All of our custom sliding doors are made with high quality glass, mirror and woodwork finished in contemporary metal framework in a range of styles and designs. Use our exclusive and unique 3D online builder to create your perfect wardrobe.